Immigration Lawyer

Do you want to call the United States your home permanently?

A green card, officially known as a Permanent Resident Card, is the gateway to making this dream a reality. It allows a person to work and live in the United States indefinitely, providing an opportunity for them and their family to pursue their dreams and build their career freely.

Millions of foreign nationals apply for it. However, many of them get rejected, and their time and money get wasted after spending years dealing with the immigration court system. Therefore, maneuvering through the process can be intimidating and requires the critical assistance of a professional. Rowhani Law Group’s Green Card attorneys are confident, with years of experience, and will help you get a Green Card in the United States with no hustle. For insight into your situation based on immigration laws, contact our office to receive a detailed overview from our best immigration lawyer for a Green Card.

Who Can Apply For Green Card USA?

One of the foremost challenges individuals encounter in their pursuit of a Green Card is determining their eligibility. The following are the categories available for legally acceptable Green Card applicants:

  • Employment-based Green Card
  • Family-based Green Card
  • Green Card as a Special Immigrant
  • Green Card as a Refugee or asylee
  • Green Card as a Human trafficking or Crime Victim
  • Green Card for Victims of Abuse
  • Green Card for other special categories

While applying for a Green Card, a person will have to fill out various complex forms.

The Green Card Application Process

When you apply for a Green Card in the United States, the first step is to hire an expert Green Card attorney for a smooth experience. Then confirm whether you are eligible for it, and last but not least, apply for it.

How to Apply for a Green Card USA?

The specific steps for a person may vary from client to client, but a general overview of the application process is:

  • Typically, individuals seeking a Green Card are required to fill out two forms: an immigrant petition and Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Resident or adjust status). Someone else must file the petition for you(also known as sponsoring) to become a US permanent resident. However, in some cases, you will be eligible to file a petition.
  • After USCIS has approved your immigrant petition. The next step is to file a visa application with the U.S. Department of State or a green card application with USCIS. However, this can only be done when there is a visa available in your category.
  • Following that, you proceed to a biometric application appointment to provide fingerprints, images, and signatures.
  • After that, an interview is conducted.
  • Lastly, you wait for the decision on your application.

Applying for a Green Card through Employment

An overview of the Green Cards available through employment in NYC are as follows:

  • EB-2, EB-3: Obtaining a Green Card through an employer.
  • EB-1(c): Green Card for Multinational Executives and Managers & L-1A Visa Holders
  • Green Card for Physical Therapists
  • Green Card for Registered Nurse
  • EB-1(b) Green Card for Outstanding Researchers or Professors

Applying for Family Family-Based Green Card

A summary of family-based Green Cards is as follows:

  • Green Card – For cases where a visa is immediately available the family-based sponsorship petition and the adjustment of status application can be filed simultaneously–Immediate Relative(Spouse/Parent/Child)
  • Green Card – (K-1 Visa) Consular Processing for Fiancée Visa
  • Green Card – Consular Processing Abroad for Immediate Relative (Spouse/Parent/Child) & Brother/Sister
  • Green Card – (K-3 Visa) Consular Processing for Fiancée Visa (Minor Child of a K-1 Fiancée)
  • Green Card – I-130 Visa Petition Only: Immediate Relative (Spouse/Parent/Child) & Brother/Sister

New Green Card

A green card mostly lasts for ten years during your stay in the United States. Then it needs to be renewed. However, in some cases, it lasts for as little as two years before it has to be replaced with a new one.

Have Consultation with Our Immigration Lawyer

Contact an Immigration Lawyer Today

We're conveniently located to serve you across the united states.

Scroll to Top